Saturday, September 1, 2012

Starbucks

I love Starbucks. I'll happily support indie coffee shops when they're easily accessible, but I have a deep, passionate love affair with the green mermaid.

Imagine my delight when I discovered a Starbucks on every other block in Taipei! Jill took me to the shop closest to our apartments within 24 hours of landing here and I've been able to get my hands on quality caffeine ever since.

Starbucks are my best cure for twinges of homesickness. Not only do they look just like Starbucks anywhere else, they TASTE the same, too! When even the Kraft Mac and cheese we shipped over tastes a little funny, this is no small point. Plus, I don't have to worry about what the resulting drink will be. When I order a grande iced coffee with hazelnut and room for cream, in English, none the less, that's exactly what I get.

I still want to learn about tea culture here, but right now my cup of tall, icy goodness does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment